Translate

Saturday, August 24, 2013

Happy Healing Saturday!

Hello there,

Mason has been doing so well these past few days after surgery.  I think he's feeling very little pain and sometimes forgets that he needs to be still to heal.  He can really overwork himself and tire out so I have to really watch out for him right now.  He wants out of his kennel more frequently and makes his adorable little dino whine that is practically irresistible.  I continue to remind myself that he can only have 3-5 breaks from his kennel confinement even if he he's doing so well.  It's hard, very hard.

During one of his breaks today, I took him into the bathroom so I could work a little on giving his eyebrows and beard a trim.  He hasn't been willing to allow me near his face in months and today he actually allowed me to use scissors to trim his eyebrows and beard.  I held him in my arms and he didn't mind at all.  SO different.  I can't wait for the day when the doctor says I can take him in the shower to wash his body.  He really needs a bath!

He's becoming more squirmy and feisty when I give him his medication too.  Even swaddling him in a towel doesn't seem to stop the squirming and the squeals.  I reread the medication directions from Dr. Jarboe and it says that I can discontinue his Gabapentin nerve pain medicine when he doesn't appear to be in pain any more.  I don't think he's quite ready for that, but perhaps he'll only need it for a few more days.  We'll see.  He will be continuing his Prednisolone 1x a day until he gets his stitches out next Friday.  At that time, the doctor may also adjust his kennel confinement schedule.

A live Ustream Stretch Break will begin tomorrow (Sunday, August 24).  I'll be going live two times in only thirty minute breaks as he must return to the kennel and rest.  Peanut will be monitored closely too as Mason wants so badly to climb her like a jungle gym!  You can find the schedule on the sidebar to the right or scroll all the way down the page to see the camera.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Kerry, and Mason, so very happy the recovery is gong so well. I will be here for the stream tomorrow. Doing a happy dance.

    xx from donamae

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! We appreciate them!