Translate

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Waking up to a new day...

Mason slept well through the night.  Every move he made in his kennel on my bed made me wake up just to check on him.  I am thankful I have a flashlight app on my cell phone because his little kennel gets pretty dark at night.

Today, he's eating, drinking and doing his business regularly.  He has a voracious appetite so I have to slow him down a bit as he's wolfing down his softened dog food.  He does grunt a bit but according to Dr. Jarboe's visit today, that's more than likely because he is sensing the added weight on his neck.  She said he'll have to adjust to that and will build more muscle to help him during this adjustment.  His eyes are much brighter, more round and have that sparkly spark today, so I know he is really on the mend and getting back to his angelic little self.

Before leaving from the hospital with Mason yesterday, I wanted to give each and every team at Busch and the Life Center ER a little thank you card.  I hope this little token of gratitude (with personal notes) showed them how much I appreciate the gift they gave back to me.

Front Desk, Recovery, Surgical Support, Dr. Jarboe, Dr. B all received a card, and of course, Mighty Mason was the star!
I've got several more cards in the works for those who graciously gave me their address when donating to his surgery fund.  I will also be sending out email thank yous to every person who donated to his fund.  Thank you all for your continued love, support and prayers for Mason.  He's working on his recovery now, so please, continue to pray!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! We appreciate them!