Translate

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Mason's coming home!

Just got off the phone with the doctor. Said Mason is doing wonderful and they are so pleased with how he is doing. They said standing up and walking right after such a surgery yesterday showed them that he is truly an amazing little fellow. Said they are weaning him off his hospital medicines and the iv line and will be prepping him to come home later today. 

I told them I was concerned about that and they said with a puppy like him "he's a noisy guy-sounds like a little dinosaur" who would be more at ease home. He said they knew from those first steps after surgery that he was going to do just fine and they were sooo excited and happy with his progress.

I asked about giving medicine and said that he's really not into that and fights me when having to give it to him. He said continue what I have been doing, the head is NOT GOING TO MOVE and he will be just fine. He will need approx. 6 weeks to heal.

Soo...I will be heading to Leesburg to pick up Mason today. Doctor said they'll have him all ready to come home at 3:00. He's really doing well.

1 comment:

Thanks for your comments! We appreciate them!