Translate

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Home!!!

Mason's Home!!! Dr. Jarboe was in surgery when I arrived so I had to wait a bit longer than expected.   When she was done (she was in surgery since 9:00 and finished up at 4:00), she followed Mason into the exam room. Yes, FOLLOWED.  Mason was prancing all the way in on his own four happy feet. When he saw me sitting there, he started wiggling his cute little bum. I scooped him up and he just kissed my face and made his little "dinosaur" squeal. 

He does not have a splint on his neck and Dr. Jarboe said his bones are very secure and stable. She showed me the post-op xrays and talked to me about his incision in his neck. He'll need to return in 10-14 days for a check-up and to get his sutures out and will also return 6 weeks after that for repeat xrays to make sure his pins have not migrated. We're returning home with the same medication regime for a few more weeks, and of course strict cage rest for for the next 8-12 weeks. A small price to pay for a happy, healthy and LONG life. 

Got home and immediately put the kennel on the floor so Peanut could say hi. She sniffed, gave a quick glance and off she went crawling across the floor...That's her happy move! Mason gave out a hello squeal too.
Here are the xray shots that were done immediately after surgery:


2 comments:

  1. Oh Kerry...,and sweet Mason - I am so happy with the wonderful outcome of Mason's surgery, I have to admit, I had tears (happy ones) while reading your post. It is amazing what medical science can do today, and that he could come home the day following his surgery.
    So Kerry, I know it has been a difficult time for you, worry and heartache are bad things, but hey, surgery done, he is home, sit back, take a deep breathe and give thanks.
    Keep us updated.
    xxxx and a big hug
    donamae

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) :) :)
    So many smiles.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! We appreciate them!